Tendril is seeking a creative and highly motivated 3DS Max generalist with strong technical problem solving skills and a natural understanding of Tendril's visual design aesthetics.
This individual should be excited by the idea of being called upon to spearhead both artistic and technical challenges. Should have in-depth knowledge and proven production experience with geometry creation, rigging, simulation, and general production techniques in 3DS Max as well as a range of complimentary software tools and workflows.
Beyond 3DS Max, this individual should be at ease in other forms of art production and work well in an environment with peers who are passionate about making incredible work. Strong communication skills are a must.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with Tendril's creative directors as well as other studio technical and art directors to recommend solutions and build workflows for complex production challenges.
• Function as a true 3D generalist: building models, rigging and animating elements and cameras, creating particle, fluid, and cloth simulations, texture painting, basic rendering and lighting.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions, idea development, storyboard creation, and styleframes.
• Research new tools, technologies and techniques related to all aspects of CG and VFX production.Experience and Skills Required
• 5+ years expert working knowledge of industry standard production techniques using 3DS Max.
• Working knowledge of C4D, Maya, Zbrush, Adobe CS6 a must.
• General TD experience
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Comfortable primarily working primarily in a technical capacity.
• Comfortable working in a small-studio, team-based environment where all artists have a broad range of skills
• Comfortable working with art direction ranging from realistic, to highly stylized
• Excellent eye for form, shape, environments, props, characters
• Excellent organizational, and communication skills
• Team player with great attitude that takes direction well
• Leading or mentoring experience is a plus
• Reliable and flexible with an ability to maintain excellence on tight schedules
• Perfectionist with very high level of attention to detail